1984-01 - Paperback
Tunes and Texts: an Introduction to the American Catholic Hymnbook
By Gilligan, Michael
This 20-page booklet highlights the main benefits of the American Catholic Hymnbook. Ten songs are included, with text, melody, chord symnbols, and commentary. Various citations are also provided from Church documents, as well as testimonials from pastors and church musicians.
Here are the chapter headings:
- Tunes and Texts a Congregation Loves to Sing
- Music from Every Ethnic Tradition
- Songs in the Spirit of the Liturgical Renewal
- Selections that Help You Celebrate the Entire Liturgical Year
- Music for Children's Masses, Benediction, and Other Services
- Funerals and Other Services with Music in Place
- Large Type and Clear Format, for Easier Reading
- Practical Settings of Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer
- Complete Supportive Publications, to Help Your Planning
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Your use of this ACP Family Bookstore website and all affiliated sites includes your consent to our terms and conditions of sale. For details, please see our Disclaimer. Through these terms and conditions, we are able to serve you more effectively and efficiently.
Many thousands of you have visited our bookstore;
thank you for your patronage.
Father Michael Gilligan
Bene valeatis, fratres. Intrate, salvi et sani!
Copyright © 2004- by American Catholic Press [ACP Publications]. All rights reserved.